Businesses are turning towards more advanced approaches that help them stand in the competitive world. Automation of the repetitive task has always been the talk of the town as businesses need to spend a lot of their time, effort, manpower, and money behind the things that can be a program using technology to accomplish these mundane tasks.
Implementing RPA technology reduces the burden of these small tasks from the business work process to help the workers focus on more innovative jobs.
Based on the survey, 40% of the workers spent 1/4th of their workweek doing repetitive tasks, this increases the opportunities for implementing automation by 70% taking the work productivity ratio to 60% higher.
These numbers are the mirror to the increasing craze of RPA in the business world. So let’s dive deep to understand the terms and its various advantages to the business world.
- 1 What is RPA technology?
- 2 Industries where RPA technology can act as a boon
- 3 What benefits does RPA provide to businesses?
- 4 RPA is a step to create a productive tomorrow!
- 5 Author Bio :
What is RPA technology?
Robotic process automation is an application designed to automate the business process using the concept of Artificial intelligence technology in the software. The application aims at automating business processes using business logic and some structured daily inputs.
Unlike traditional automation tools, RPA systems analyze the list of actions that the users perform by tracking their interaction with the Graphical user interface (GUI) of the software. This self-learning tool understands the repetitive nature of actions and performs the monotonous tasks that the business users perform on a daily basis.
Implementing the RPA system in the organization can help them with tasks like updating and manipulating data, processing business transactions, sending a notification or reminder, or triggering some automated responses.
The RPA systems cover a wide range of automated tasks, from sending reverts through emails to deploying hundreds of bots that coordinate to perform automation tasks individually.
There are 3 types of RPA technology that works differently in different scenarios;
● Attended automation:
The attended RPA system requires human involvement to run the process. These systems are used in the front office where a user needs to invoke certain data.
For example, during the customer support call, the RPA system automatically collects relevant customer data from one app to another app to start the process, this helps the employee to focus more on the problem rather than switching between apps for information.
● Unattended automation :
Unattended automation doesn’t require any human involvement and is fully automated. These systems are capable of performing high-volume transactions and back-office work that could replace the need for human effort.
These RPA systems are powerful and intelligent enough to have decision-making capabilities and are self-learner to draft their next step.
● Hybrid automation :
Hybrid automation combines the capability of both attended and unattended RPA systems. Here the processes need human involvement at the initial stage, once the system enables the same task, the unattended bots start working to complete the process.
The attended bots do some process and shift some of its load to unattended bots to form a full-fledged RPA system.
Moving forward let’s look into the advantages these RPA features provide in a different industry.
Industries where RPA technology can act as a boon
The automation process is indeed an integral need for every business, below are some of the examples of business automation process implementation in various industries.
- RPA helps retail business brands like Walmart with their everyday office tasks like digitization of documents, answering employee questions and retrieving useful information from documents, this helps a lot to the company to manage backend service processes.
- The airline industry leverages the RPA system by automating processes like airline ticket cancellation and refund process. It also helps the airline staff with expense management and generates recommendations for rebooking in the scenario where airlines are off the operations.
- RPA plays a huge role in the Healthcare industry, whether its a hospital, a pharmacy, or an LTC home, the automation processes play a vital role in each of these aspects. Appointment scheduling, sending checkup reminders, insurance management, prescription ordering, and invoice processing, the system automates each of these tasks to streamline the work process of the huge industry.
- The finance and the banking industry too involves a great amount of rule-based repetitive tasks where a banker has to enter small details about their customers, fill forms, check upon the compliance and much more. These tasks have to be accomplished very carefully to ensure no human error occurs to get the customer into trouble. The RPA system helps this industry with these minor but valuable tasks to give their customers good banking experience.
What benefits does RPA provide to businesses?
RPA helps businesses to improve in the following areas;
● Increases work productivity
Implementation of the monotonous tasks by a robot increases its pace of getting things done. As the machine works faster than humans, there is much work done in less time. Moreover, as the system takes over their time-consuming work, they get more free time to work on an essential task that can improve overall company performance.
● Reduces chances of human error
When done manually, the chances of a human making an error is higher as doing the same task in the loop might increase the chance of a miss. RPA systems reduce this risk factor as the machines are programmed in a way that minimizes human work and errors.
This helps maintain quality and improve the work processes.
● Saves costs
The amount of input to be processed at a time is higher in the RPA system which reduces the operational costs of the company.
Moreover, machines are capable of replacing humans, which reduces the need for more employees thus makes the cost-cutting more convenient.
● Improves customer services
Faster and accurate services can change the experience a company could give to its customer. Implementing RPA systems enables the organization to achieve such efficiency in its work process which could ultimately help improve customer retention with its service.
● Enhances compliance
RPA systems use artificial intelligence and machine learning processes to make their system robust to use. It doesn’t have a vast or harmful integration process but adapts the automation processes in the existing work interfaces and updates the information in the apps accordingly.
RPA is a step to create a productive tomorrow!
Robotic process automation is spreading in the business world, helping the various industries to redefine their work processes. With its efficient learning process, quick data processing ability, and easy integration capability it can help businesses to work more efficiently by freeing them from involvement in everyday repetitive tasks.
So, now the business can take their focus off the small tasks and focus on what’s important for the business, GROWTH.
Author Bio :
Parth Patel is a serial entrepreneur and CEO of SyS Creations – a leading managed IT services firm focused on technology-driven healthcare solutions with a customer-centric, journey-first approach. Operating the IT Infrastructure of Healthcare SMEs and startups keeps him on his toes and his passion for helping others keeps him motivated.